Personal assistance and daily activities
Primacura is a local private care company within LSS (The Act on Support and Service to Certain Disabled People). We offer and perform personal assistance and daily activities for those qualified.
The company was established in 2007 with its head office in Borås and a local office in Kinna. We value proximity to our customers and employees. One of the reasons why most of our customers are located in the Sjuhärad-area, Västra Götaland and Halland.
Become a customer – This is how it works
We help you design your personal assistance according to your conditions and needs. The planning of your personal assistance should not have to occupy your everyday life – you should be able to live your life as you desire.
- Do you need to apply for assistance? We help you all the way.
- Do you already have a decision for personal care service (decision by authority), from Försäkringskassan or the City Council, and are looking for a provider? Get in touch with us and we will tell you more. You can reach us at 033-128 129.
In short, the process goes like this:
- Phone contact to book a meeting.
- We go through your needs.
- We develop an implementation plan and a draft agreement.
- If everything feels right – contract writing and start-up of your case.
This is what you get as a customer:
- A personal manager that you can turn to at all times.
- We handle the entire recruitment process in consultation with you and take your wishes into account.
- We are responsible for staff and hiring process.
- We handle all administration, including salaries, application processes and contact with authorities.
- Legal advice
- You are welcome to participate in Primacura’s joint activities.
We help you with the legalities of your assistance at no extra charge.
For example, you can get help and support in the application process, get help to understand decisions and support if you want to appeal a decision.
We help you to:
- Make a new application for personal assistance
- Apply for more hours if the need occurs.
- Apply for temporary extended assistance if necessary.
- Appeal decisions
Having assistance and staff employed means a lot of laws and regulations to relate to. Whether you are care taker or employee, you can always feel confident that we follow all the laws as well as all Your rights that apply to you and your assistance.
Primacura has permission from IVO (The Swedish Health and Social Care Inspectorate) to conduct business. We are also affiliated to collective agreements/Union (Vårdföretagarna).
Who is entitled to personal assistance?
LSS – The Law on Support and Service for Certain Disabled People, is a so-called rights law. In order to be entitled to personal assistance, one must belong to one of the following groups, (procedural requirements)
- Developmental disability, autism or autism-like condition.
- Significant or permanent intellectual disability following a brain injury in adulthood caused by external violence or bodily illness.
- Other major and permanent physical or mental impairments that are not due to normal ageing, and which cause great difficulties in managing one’s everyday life on their own.
In order for an application for personal assistance to be processed by the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) or your city council, you must have a medical certificate that proves your disability. We explain all this as we meet along the process.
Daily Activity Workplace
Primacura conducts two daily operations.
Primacura Media – Here participants work with photography, film, radio, image, creative writing and music. Fantastic productions are created here and creativity is high.
Prima Hund – A dog daycare with a double purpose. It is a real dog daycare where customers leave their dogs for dog sitting, but also a workplace for our participants. In house there is also a salon (hairdressing salon) where you can book an appointment.
If you want to learn more, you are welcome to contact us.
You can find all contact information in the main menu under VÅRT TEAM (OUR TEAM).
How do I apply for a Daily Activity Workplace?
In order to participate in daily activities, you must belong to one of the required groups in LSS. You also need to submit an application and apply for daily activities.
The application form can be found on your city council website (boras.se). You can also call the city council and submit your application. Be sure to talk to an LSS administrator.
The main rule is that you must be registered in Borås to be able to participate in our daily activities.
A warm welcome to us.